Sunday, March 8, 2009

El Rastro

Today to take advantage of the nice weather, my friend Amanda and I went to the Rastro. El Rastro is a huge open air market where many different people gather together to see various items such as bags, scarves, food, and various other items. In my opinion it is a staple to Madrid’s culture because you are able to find some great things at a very low price. El rastro is every Sunday, rain or shine usually between 10 – 2 in the morning. After we bought some presents, we decided to walk around because it was about 60oF today. We walked all over the place from la Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Cibeles, and all around making a huge circle. It was nice to finally get out of the house and enjoy Madrid again, after Mid-Terms were last week. I can’t believe how fast time if going by yet again! I feel like we just arrived and now we’re halfway done…I guess I’ll have to start picking classes for the Fall semester and enjoy the rest of the semester!

¡Hasta Luego!

No comments: