Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Galicia

Galicia….that’s it!! What an incredible place to visit. The first school trip was to Galicia, in northern Spain just above Portugal. This area has a large Celtic history and is full of fish! Aside from the buildings being architecturally stunning, the food was incredible too. We stayed in Santiago de Compostela, where every year there are several people who partake in the pilgrimage there, which was nice to see. Also while there we tried one of Galicia’s famous dishes..Pulpo a la gallega, which is Octopus!! I never thought that I would eat Octopus, considering that I don’t usually eat fish, but I decided to try it and it was delicioso!!! One of the days we traveled down to southern Galicia to Vigo a big port city, where we caught a ferry that brought us to the Islas Cíes a nice Island off the coast of Galicia where we were able to go hiking, swimming, or simply sun bathe. This by far was one of my favorite trips that I have gone on and I can’t wait to return so that I can explore more of what Galicia has to offer.

¡Hasta Luego!

No comments: