Sunday, December 14, 2008

Felices Fiestas ~ Happy Holidays


Wow how the time is flying by… I just finished all of my finals and cannot wait to go back home and visit my friends and family over the winter break!

Over the past few weeks I have been very busy making sure everything was completed for the end of the semester as well as studying for my final exams. Now that they are over I am able to enjoy my last few days here in Madrid before I travel home for a few weeks to spend some time with my family and friends. This year has been very special for me because I have been able to spend the preholiday season with some of my, now, very good friends! We have seen the holiday spirit in Lisbon, Portugal; Paris, France; Dublin, Ireland; as well as in Madrid, and each place we have traveled to we tried to get a little out of their culture to bring home and share with our own families. I am currently spending some time in the Sierra de Guadarrama visiting with some friends of mine and enjoying it a lot before I travel back to Madrid for the Cena de la Despedida (Farewell Dinner) which will take place on Monday evening. I think that the main reason as to why I am enjoying myself is the fact that there is so much NIEVE! That’s Right! SNOW!!!! I know it does not snow that often in Madrid but a mere 30+ minutes north of the city you can really get in touch with the winter weather where it snows a lot. However you are still able to get that warm holiday feeling in the city, the other evening my friends and I decided to take the Bus de Navidad (Christmas Bus) which cost only € 1 and took us all over the place to show us all of the Christmas Lights that are being displayed throughout the city…and on top of that there was a tour guide who pointed out several important places along the way! It was great fun and I recommend it to everyone because it surly brightened our holiday season!
I took this picture in front of the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris!

¡Hasta Luego!

No comments: