Thursday, November 13, 2008

Buenos Días ~ Good Morning


Hi Guys, I guess I should start off by introducing myself a little bit. My name is Greg and I am a freshman here at Suffolk University Madrid Campus or SUMC as some like to call it. At the moment I am a Spanish Major, which I guess is one of the major reasons that I chose to study here, even though they offer classes for everyone! As we are getting closer to the end of the fall semester (also known as my first semester of college) everyone is trying to get all of their work together before going home for the holidays. So far this has been a great semester filled with excursions, bake sales, holiday parties, self defense classes and even movie nights!(My favorite events…Thanks Amy & Karyn). At the beginning of the semester, for orientation, the entire school traveled to Salamanca. Salamanca is a small town about two hours north of Madrid, where the oldest university in Spain is located. We spent four days there visiting different areas and trying to get a feel for the Spanish culture as well as meet new people & staff. Everyone is so friendly and I feel that there is always someone to talk to when you need them. I think that my favorite part about living in Madrid has to be the fact that there is so much to do here. The city is filled with fun things to do as well as great cultural events! This weekend I am going to the Sorolla Museum (Museo Sorolla) with the school and cannot wait because the paintings are shown in the Madrid house of Joaquín Sorolla Bastida, the artist, but I´ll let you know about that later on when I return....

As for now I have to meet some friends for some Tapas, but I´ll tell you more soon....

¡Hasta Luego!

No comments: